Good time management enables you to work smarter, not harder – so that you are more done in less time, even when time is tight and pressures are high Time Management is the process of planning and exercising conscious control over the amount of time spent on specific activities in order to increase effectiveness, efficiency and productivity.. Failing to manage your time damages your effectiveness and causes stress. It seems that there is never enough time in the day. However, since we all get the same 24 hours, why is it that some people achieve so much more with their time than others are? The answer lies in good time management.
Time is what we want most but what we use worst.William Penn
Why Time Management?
- Effective Time Management keeps you organized. Keeping the things at their proper places minimizes the time, which goes on unnecessary searching of documents, important files, folders, stationery and so on. For better time management, individuals keep their workstations, study zones, cubicles, meeting areas clean and organized. People learn to manage things well because of Time Management.
- Effective Time Management boosts an individual’s morale and makes him confident. Because of Time Management, individuals accomplish tasks within the stipulated period, making them popular in their organization as well as amongst their peers. People who understand the value of time are the ones who manage to stand apart from the crowd. Individuals who finish off work on time are looked up to by others and are always the centre of attention everywhere
- Research says that individuals who accomplish tasks on time are less prone to stress and anxiety. Managing your time can directly reduce your stress level. Fewer surprises. Fewer tight deadlines. Less rushing from task-to-task and place-to-place. Remember there is no point in wasting time and cribbing later. Finish off pending work on time; you would have ample time for your friends, relatives and family members.
- It helps you get More Done. Being productive is one of the main goals of time management. When you are aware of what you need to do, you are able to manage your workload. You will be able to get more done in less time.
Time Management Process
Tips to Using Time Effectively
- Delegation of responsibilities
- Setting goals and objectives
- Effective planning
- Setting deadlines
- Sending the right time on the right activity
- Prioritizing activities as per their importance
Time management is all about spending your time in the right places, and on the right things. It’s about knowing your priorities, obligations, and schedules. When you manage your time, you benefit in all areas of life.
In conclusion, time management is a very important skill to learn and master in order to have a better lifestyle. By managing well time, you will no longer suffer from stress and your tasks be accomplished on time and with great quality. Remember that it is important to have the attitude to change your schedules and to change procrastination. Time management starts with the right attitude and mindset. Once you have developed these, you will become more punctual, better organized, and flexible with your time. In other words, you will be having a smooth-sailing, stress- free, and happy life.
Make use of time, let not advantage slipWilliam Shakespeare